Health, Lifestyle & Society - Interactive Vocabulary

Health, Lifestyle & Society - Interactive Vocabulary

Interactive Vocabulary Hub - Health & Lifestyle

1. Health Problems

Key Vocabulary

headache
pain in your head
backache
pain in your back
earache
pain in your ear
stomach ache
pain in your stomach
toothache
pain in your teeth
flu
illness with fever and body pain
temperature
high body heat
pain
physical discomfort
cold
mild illness with cough and sneezing

Useful Sentences

I have a headache.
My back hurts.
I feel sick.
I'm not very well.

Activity 1: Choose the correct problem

Activity 2: Guess the problem

I have pain in my stomach → ______

I have a fever and feel tired → ______

2. Treatments & Medicine

Vocabulary

conventional medicine = traditional medical treatment
alternative medicine = natural or non traditional treatment
acupuncture = treatment using needles
homeopathy = natural treatment with small substances
osteopathy = treatment using body movement
painkiller = medicine for pain
antibiotics = medicine for infections

Collocations

take a pill
take medicine
take painkillers
see a doctor
visit a doctor

Passive Examples

Medicine is used for pain.
Antibiotics are used for infections.
Painkillers are taken for headaches.

Activity 1: Sentence Generator

Activity 2: Choose correct use

3. Giving Advice

Questions

What’s the matter
What’s wrong
Are you OK
How long have you had it

Advice Expressions

You should rest
You should take medicine
You should see a doctor
You shouldn’t work too much
You should sleep more

Activity 1: Choose best advice

I have back pain

Activity 2: Build advice

I have a headache → You should ______

4. Managing a Conversation

Expressions

Anyway...
As I was saying...
Sorry to interrupt...
Can I say something
Can we talk about something else

Conversation Model

What’s the matter
I have a headache
How long have you had it
You should take a pill

Activity: Conversation Builder

5. Collocations

have a headache
have a temperature
feel better
get better
take medicine
see a doctor

Activity

6. Food, Farming & Health

Vocabulary

factory farm = large industrial farm
free range = animals live freely
animals are kept = animals live in a place
animals are treated = how animals are handled
antibiotics are used = medicine is given to animals

Examples

Animals are kept in small spaces.
Animals are treated badly.
Antibiotics are used on farms.

Activity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English Mid-terms

English1-Workshop

Employability workshop